Measurement of power quality involves more than simply connecting a recording device. Our staff has decades of experience so we can plan, execute and report on complex power quality measurements that are tailored to the application and of real use in subsequent analysis and reporting. We own our own top tier, fully calibrated measurement systems to ensure maximum confidence in timing and results.
Some pitfalls in power system measurement relate to misunderstanding of the nature of loads, selecting inappropriate measurement periods or locations, errors due to primary sources, and over-reliance on “standardised” test reports. These can be avoided by experienced and skilled engineers with extensive experience working with the best measurement systems available.
Optimised Network Equipment operates its own measurement systems that allow us to identify and resolve all power quality problems:
- Evaluation of voltage quality in accordance with EN50160 and IEC61000-2-2/-2-4
- Frequency analysis up to 20 kHz
- Load analysis and energy measurements
- Transient analysis 2 MHz, 5 kV
- Ripple control signal analysis
- Comprehensive analysis software
- CAT IV rated
- IEC61000-4-30 Class A device
We also assist our clients with the planning and execution of measurement campaigns: identifying measurement locations, duration, implementation, data interpretation and reporting.